ICOM-INTERCOM, the International Council of Museums Committee for museum management, is preparing for a conference in Qatar on the theme of visionary museum leadership and mindset for an empowering future. The conference, hosted by ICOM Qatar and organized by ICOM-INTERCOM in partnership with Qatar Museums, and in collaboration with CIMAM, ICOM SEE and ICOM Croatia, will take place on May 6 – 8 2023 in Doha, Qatar.
The conference will be organised as physical (in presence) event, but the opportunity to present online will be offered.
The conference will be structured in three main themes, all related to visionary museum leadership:
1. The museum leader profile, key skills, and essential mindset of the leader.
2. Visions for the future based on a cross-cultural exchange of knowledge and experiences
3. Museum governance
• 31 January 2023: Deadline for abstracts proposals.
• 15 February: Authors are communicated the selection.
• 1 April: Final papers are due (5,000-7,000 words maximum; further guidelines will be provided in due course)