A new report published by the NEMO Working Group LEM – the Learning Museum opens by stating that education and public engagement are key tasks of museums today. To contribute to this important work, the group is sharing a set of guidelines to support the international museum community to develop and review education and public engagement activities.
The guideline Developing Education and Public Engagement in Museums:
- Offers recommendations for contemporary education and public engagement work.
- Provides hands-on tips and inspiring examples to support museum staff when developing conceptual and practical activities.
- Highlights five factors of success: Audience orientation, Object-related focus, Multifaceted methods and formats, Networking and Processuality.
- Encourages museum professionals and funding bodies to explore existing concepts in the field.
- Can be used by museums when applying for funding.